COURSES UNDER NEW CONSTRUCTION: For best results we recommend to use the following products in
1) Activate 80, golf course grade: Apply 100#s to 300#s per 25,000 sq. ft. on fairways.
This product may be applied underneath the sod, with the seed, or incorporated 2 to 4 into
the soil prior to either. This product will help establish strong roots and help against soil
2) Activate 80, powder grade: Apply 50#s per 5,000 sq. ft., by a drop spreader, on
tees and greens, with the seed, or underneath the sod. This product may be blended in the top
two inches of the sand. Do not broadcast this product. It is to fine and will blow away. This product
will help to keep new greens and tees soft, and establish strong roots.
3) Jenner 8: Inject
through the sprinkler, or spray on with water (5 or 10 to 1 dilution), 5 gallons of Jenner 8 per
25,000 sq. ft. on young grass to mature grass. It may also be applied at germination at this same
rate. You may repeat this application every 45 to 60 days until course play begins. To continue use
during play, see recommendations under established golf course applications. This product may help
with stress, keep greens soft, help runners spread and stick, and buffer salts (either from water or
soil build up).
4) Stimulate 8-16-4: Apply 1 gallon of 8-16-4 per 10,000 sq. ft. to young germinated seedlings or sod. This will help the plant take in nutrients while roots are being established. This process may be repeated every fourteen to twenty days until roots are developed. Best if used as foliar fertilizer and diluted 5 parts water to 1 part 8-16-4.
5) Seaweed: This product may be applied to tees and greens at 1 pint per 5,000 sq. ft. It is a natural plant growth stimulator. Use this product when plants are growing out of control, or excess fertilizer becomes unmanageable.
ESTABLISHED GOLF COURSE APPLICATIONS: For best results we recommend to use the following products in this manner.
1) Activate 80, golf course grade: Apply 200#s per 25,000 sq. ft. to your fairways, once to twice a year. Preferably in the spring during aeration and if budgets permit, in the fall during over seeding. This is a great source of carbon. It may help with compaction, and promote new root development.
2) Activate 80, powder grade: Apply 50#s per 5,000 sq. ft. on tees and greens twice a year. If you over seed during the fall, use a drop spreader and apply this product directly over the seed. You want it to make contact with the seed. If you do not over seed during the fall, you may apply over the top of the established turf with a drop spreader. Make sure to apply this product late in the evening if the golf course is not shut down for over seeding. This product will leave black film on the golfers ball if it is not adequately watered in. This is the purpose for applying late in the evening. Two 15 minute waterings' will take care of this problem.
3) Jenner 8: Inject or spray on greens, tees, and fairways every 45 days during the summer months, and once every 60 days during the winter months. Apply at a rate of 5 to 10 gallons per 30,000 sq. ft. of turf. If foliar application is used, be sure to dilute with water a minimum of 5 to 1 and a maximum of 10 to 1.
4) Stimulate 8-16-4: Use this product in the winter, spring, and fall of the year. It may be used in the summer if needed, or on courses at higher elevations that grow grasses other than Bermuda. Apply 1 gallon per 20,000 sq. ft. every 15 to 30 days. This product may provide instant color where salts, hardpans, and other areas that have shallow to no root development.
5) Stimulate 12-0-0, 1%Zn, 1/2%Ca: This product is extremely helpful during stress periods. It may also be used late in the season before overseeding when a large amount of nitrogen is not required. Use at the same rate and dilution as #4.
6) Seaweed: This product may be used to help with stress. Heat, insect, herbicide, water and fertilizer problems may be minimized by the application of this product. Use 1qt per 20,000 sq. ft. Dilute a minimum of 5 to 1, and a maximum of 10 to 1. This product contains a slight ocean smell. It is best to be applied early in the morning or late in the evening.
ORGANIC GOLF COURSES: For best results we recommend you contact us. We can put a program together that best fits your individual needs. We have some basic recommendations, and many of the products recommended above are organic. To best serve you, we feel a personal consultation would be best. In Az we can be reached at 480-814-8318, out of state 888-814-8318.
The Industry |
Request Info |
THE CATALYST PRODUCT GROUP
2270 S. Boulder St.
Gilbert, Arizona, 85296
Voice - 480.814.8318
Fax - 480.855.3081
Website designed and hosted by Bridrea
Copyright © 2003 Bridrea, L.L.C. All rights reserved